In different areas we use different survey specifications. Measurements will be performed in accordance with IHO S-44 standards, Dutch standards for hydrographic surveys, and special clients requirements.
Survey Plan (development)
While survey planning, close cooperation with our clients is needed. Important issues must be discussed in order to achieve the specific task.
First we want to know the following information.
· Area of the survey
· Type of survey
· Scale of chart to be produced
· Scope of time of the survey
· Usefully background ( e.g. satellite photography, topographic maps, tides)
· Limitations (e.g. budget, position systems limitations..)
When we collect those information we will define:
· Survey limits
· Requirements, resolution and accuracy
· How the survey report is to be rendered
· Tidal datum, Horizontal datum, projection and grid
· Wrecks in the area
· Survey priorities and other relevant guidance or instruction
To create a more effective survey we try to develop the survey plan as much detailed, conform specifications as possible.
Hydrographic measurements can be made in various ways.